Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day of reconning...

Well, today I have to face the truth. I can not ignore my weight any more. I got on the scale and I was at 176. I have never weighed that much before in my life...not even 9 months pregnant...that is just sad.

So, today is the day I begin again to take the weight off. I need to do it for reasons other than just the scale, though. I know it's unhealthy to weigh this much, and though it doesn't seem to be a problem now, it will be in the years to come. I'm also not happy with the way I look, and that is not good. So, I have got to make some major changes in my life.

I will have to do several things:

1. No more fast food. I need to eat at home and choose foods wisely.
2. Taper off the pop until you stop drinking it again for good. I was up to 3 to 4 cans per day again.
3. Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
4. Walk 5 days a week to start with, during breaks at work. Work up to adding another activity and walking further/faster.
5. 5 servings of fruits and vegies every day.

That's where I am starting. I will try and do 'before' measurements tonight if I have time, if not, I'll do them tomorrow. Hopefully I will have the willpower to stick to it this time.

And hopefully I won't run into any more girl scouts selling cookies....

3 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

i felt the same way alomost a year ago. i was going to make all these changes. and you guessed it, it never happened..... till i went to a center. i took alot for me to go there after all i was telling my self the hole time that my weight wasn't that bad. i did it and it just what i needed i needed someone to make me look at what i was eating and make sure that i did have good eating habits. well now almost a year later i've keeped it off and i'm 54 lbs lighter. do what you need to but just remeber that it's not going to be easy and it is worth it.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger bestbuddie said...

Thanks leighann and keri for the encouragement!
Okay, leighann, I am going to taper off pop this week. It is going okay. Just had one yesterday, and so far none today.

Keri, you look great! I wondered if you were doing something! Love your new hair style, too!

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Realizing that you need to take the weight off is your first step. I have been trying to do it by myself since January and have failed. This week I joined Calorie King and have lost 3.5 pounds since Monday. I know it won't always be like that but I'm headed in the right direction. The thing that helped me the most is tracking my calories. Calorie King has excellent tools to help you do that. The people on the site are very supportive and give off lots of positive energy.

Good luck in your weight loss efforts.

11:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home