Monday, February 13, 2006

5 a day....

Nutritionists say that you should eat 5 servings of fruits and vegies a day. I try to do this, but sometimes it's not easy. I wonder how many servings a salad is considered? Do you count that as one vegie, or do you count each separate thing in the salad as one serving? Like lettuce would be at least one serving for a small salad, and then you have like a quarter to a half of a tomato in there? and carrots? Do eggs count as dairy? And how many ounces of cheese are considered a serving of dairy?

So far today I have had:

Breakfast: 1 Quaker Oats oatmeal breakfast cookie
3 cups of coffee

Snack: 10 baby carrots

Lunch: 1 small chef salad with 2 tablespoons (or so) of Ranch dressing
2 cups of melon
1 20 0z. hot chocolate

I plan to have an apple this afternoon, too. So, so far I have had 2 to 3 vegies and 1 to 2 fruits. Do you count tomato in the fruit column or the vegi column? I think sometimes I make this too hard....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home