Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Deeper than my average post...

Do you ever think about what life is like for people in these countries where there is continuous war going on, or where there have been wars and the people are left with nothing and have to start over? I worry about that sometimes here in the U.S. We have been a nation of freedom for over 230 years, and most people feel pretty secure with their lives. I worry that one day someone will find a way to break through that security, and we will be under the rule of another nation. How awful would it be to lose the freedoms that we take for granted?

And I find myself taking things for granted alot. You just don't THINK about stuff like that. What if we didn't have all the stuff we have. What if you couldn't just go to the store and choose from 10 zillion different brands of cookies or chips or even bread? What if you had to stand in line for hours just to buy a loaf of bread?

I am thankful for the freedoms we have in this country. I am thankful for all the choices that I have, and the opportunities my children have for their future.

I am also thankful to all those who are serving in the armed forces to allow us to continue to live this way. At home and abroad, there are people out there who are braver than I will ever be, and they are willing to do what I can't.

1 Comments:

Blogger jagular said...

America was founded on the idea of freedom. Of rule by the people. Did you know that every government that was around when America became a country is now gone? Every monarchy overthrown. Every single one of them. The American Constitution has outlasted all of them.
It is the freedom that we have that makes America so prosperous, by the grace of God.
And as long as we keep our freedom, we will always be prosperous, because freedom always leads to prosperity. The nations of the world that are poor and wartorn are that way precisely because they lack freedom.

7:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home