Thursday, May 18, 2006

If you don't like it, do something to change it...

These are the infamous words of my beloved hubby. He said this about 7 or 8 months ago when I was bummed about my weight before. I didn't take it to heart then, just had the defeatest attitude that I couldn't do it around the holidays.

I have been trying to follow my 'rules' for dieting. I do pretty well on Monday through Thursday during the day. Thursday is pizza night at our house, and I do partake. I have been trying to cut down, but I still do eat. Then from there through the weekend, it is all down hill.

So, I thought, what can I do to change things? Then I remembered...hey...I have a Trek Mountain bike sitting in my garage. I haven't rid it in 2 years! Yes...2 years! So, I got it out Monday night, pumped up the tires and rode the bike 2 miles. It about killed me. I'm sure it was a real pretty sight, too. Big girl huffing and puffing on little purple Mountain Bike! But, I DID IT!

Tuesday my daughter had a concert, so I couldn't ride, so I walked around our complex in the morning and the afternoon. that is 1.6 miles of walking.

Yesterday was church night...could mountain bike, so I walked our complex trail once in the morning, and 2 laps at lunch! I didn't go in the afternoon, because we are having record breaking heat here and I figured I'd pass out half way around. That would not have been good. So, that was 2.4 miles walking yesterday.

Today so far I have walked once... .8 of a mile. Will go again at lunch. I'm working tonight at the pizza place, so no bike again.

So, I didn't like how I looked, and I'm doing something about it. Now if I can just keep it up. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger ZenPanda said...

Sounds great! I hope you can find time to bike over the weekend.

Keep up the good work!

1:07 AM

 
Blogger bestbuddie said...

Thanks so much! I appreciate the encouragement!

9:27 AM

 
Blogger Keri said...

if you want some company when yo ride just call.

6:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home