Friday, July 28, 2006

If you ever visit Seattle, don't miss this!

http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

We were in Seattle last weekend, and this was one of the highlights of our trip! We learned so much about the city, and we got to see alot of neat sights! Our guide was very entertaining and knowlegeable!

The duck is a vehicle like the ones they used in WWII at the beaches of Normandy. They are cars that actually go in the water and have a motor that will allow it to become a boat. On land you wouldn't think it could go very fast, but it can really go!

One thing about Seattle...you will never have to search for a Starbucks...I can not believe how many there are--and how close together they are. They have like 3 on one block! I don't see how so many outlets can be profitable in one city. Guess that's why they were able to franchise out, because they are supported by the city of Seattle! I must say that I didn't have Starbucks while we were there. It was just too hot and humid. All I had was bottled water!

But overall, I really enjoyed the city. It is alive, and the people are great! If you are looking for a great vacation spot, Seattle is a good choice!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Love the boat/car.

We have 2 or 3 Starbucks for every block here too. They never run out of business. ;)

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Leesa said...

I'm going there soon! I want to hit the zoo definitely.
Might have to check this out too :)

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home