Sunday, May 07, 2006

How much does hair weigh?

Well, the rest of the week has been a rollercoaster! I have broken just about every one of my 'rules'. I weighed myself 3 times this week. Monday was my starting weight. That was 178 pds. Then Wednesday, I weighed myself again. I weighed 180 pds! I thought I was doing SO good! So Friday, I weigh again...still 180 pds! Then I tell my hubby this and he says, 'Well, you haven't done that good...didn't you eat a bunch of chocolate on Monday?' So much for moral support. Now, before you go saying 'Kill the hubby'...remember...he has cancer, and this was chemo week.

Anyway, so, I didn't eat anything all day Monday except an orange. Drank my water. Then ate just a teeny dinner. So, then I have kind of laid off this weekend, and I weighed this morning...I've lost 4 pounds!

Well, yesterday morning, I went to the salon and got my hair done. I had been using boxed color, so was trying to dye it close to my natural color. It was DARK. So, went to Keri--the best hairstylist in the City--and she colored my hair, and then I had her cut it all one length, which is up to my chin! So, now I'm wondering, how many pounds did I cut off?

Well, I'm not really worried, but it is an interesting thought. I actually have really thick hair, so you never know...but I like to think it was all from my diet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

Hmm...I have really long thick hair, now you have curious!! :)

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Keri said...

thanks you. hair does have some weight to it. i cut a good pound or so off. so the rest was all you doing a great job!

6:34 AM

 
Blogger david said...

I like to think that my hair weighs about 20 pounds. Heh...

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

Hahaha, I got extensions, and my head feels three pounds heavier. The scale says I'm three pounds heavier as well...

6:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home