Friday, October 27, 2006

Another strange but true...

Okay, I don't know how this stuff happens to me, but it does.

I work in an office. I'm not going to say where, but it is in a complex with other offices, and lots of workers...most of whom work out in the field. From 1 to 2, I am typically here alone, or just with one or two others. So, last week, I was here, and I was by myself. All of sudden, the office door comes flying open and in runs this guy and he's yelling 'They're trying to kill me!' I was just in shock. He starts heading through our office, and the door opens again, and 2 more people come in. One of them turns out to be a police officer. So, they are wrestling with this guy, and the officer finally gets him handcuffed, and they haul him back outside. They don't say a word. I just sat there stunned! My phone was wringing, but I was afraid to answer it, because I didn't want anyone to hear all the commotion!

Well, I thought the guy that was being chased was bleeding on the side of his head, but it turned out that they had peppersprayed him, but it didn't seem to do any good. So the officer came back in and asked if he could use our bathroom to clean up. When he came back out, I asked what was going on. Evidently the guy had been down the street at a restaurant, flipped out and started punching people! When the police arrived, he took off running, and led them on quite a chase!

I assume the guy must have been on something. It was quite startling, but the police officers did a great job, and I am thankful for them. They must really see a lot of unusual things, and put themselves in harms way every day.

And yes...this is a true story! I couldn't make this stuff up!

1 Comments:

Blogger ZenPanda said...

WOw

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home