Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hug a nurse!

Well, hubby is doing better and will be coming home tomorrow. His tests showed that he had only 1 lymph node that the cancer spread to, so only 1 round of low dose chemo will be ordered. He was lucky. With no history of cancer in the family, they don't recommend tests until age 50. He is 44. He had none of the classic symptoms. We are thankful that it was caught now.

I have been practically living at the hospital for the last 7 days. I have seen some bizarre things, and watched the RN's, LPN's and CNA's and the things they have to do. I am so thankful there are so many men and women out there willing to do these things, because I am such a wimp...I just couldn't do it. So, think about it next time you go for a check up, or visit someone in the hospital, or if you are unfortunate enough to end up there yourself. These wonderful angels that are willing to do the dirty work everyday and get no thanks alot of the time!

So, that is my soap box for today...and if you are over 50--buck up and get a colonoscopy! LOL! bestbuddie!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

I need your email :) prncesh1@hotmail.com

7:45 PM

 
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby. My dad had cancer in 90. They operated and got it all (thank God). Keep praying!

Also, I'll post it here because I saw your "before" picture a while down... (1)you look great and (2) I got a pedometer and I've been obsessing about watching how many steps I take a day. In 2 weeks I've lost 5 lbs. I haven't managed that in the whole 1 and a half since Bekah's been born! And it was fun.-yeah, I'm anti-exercise.

AND the WORD colonoscopy (sp?)makes me sutter let alone what it actually is. YIKES

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home