Monday, January 23, 2006

Today is the first day of the rest of my life....

Well, once again, I did good for the first part of the week, then really go down hill after Thursday afternoon. Thursdays at our house are pizza night. I did pretty good for the pizza. Had about 3 slices of Pizza Hut cheese pizza on thin crust. Had 2 cokes with that, though. Then Friday I enjoyed the dollar menu at McDonalds...double cheeseburger, small fry, small coke and a yogurt parfait. Well, there is fruit in the parfait. But then I had to take my car into the shop and leave it for awhile, so went home and walked....yeah right! I went home and took a 2 hour nap. I think fast food has the same ingredient in it that turkey does...it makes me sleepy in the afternoon.
Friday night daughter #1 had friends over, so hubby went and got these huge cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I had one with my coffee, but ended up scraping about 1/2 of the icing off. So, that counts for something doesn't it? Then I skipped lunch, but made Weight Watcher's stew for dinner. Hubby and daughter #2 enjoyed it as much as I did. I made biscuits (canned, I'm not THAT good at baking...) and we had a decent meal, but I have to say, I'm still working on that portion control thing...
yesterday I made homemade chicken casserole and grated potatoes with sour cream and sharp cheddar. Nothing at all low cal about that meal! Then I skipped dinner because I was still full from lunch, and then had to go to the store for lunch bags and juice and came home with a mini-size coconut cream pie. I was okay until I watched Desperate Housewives and saw Edie eating that dessert with all the whip cream on it!

So, here is how today is going.... Breakfast-Quaker Oats breakfast cookie and coffee (I drink it black, so no added calories there); Mid a.m. - banana (1 fruit for the day...or 2 pts on WW); Lunch-turkey sand on wheat with just a smidgen of mayo, pretzel sticks and a KoolAid jammer--90 calories, 100% of my vitamin C and a ton of sugar I'm sure. Of course, I spilt half of it trying to get the stupid straw in the pouch!

I get to have one of those Cara Cara oranges for my p.m. snack. Dinner is meatloaf. I don't like meatloaf, so that shouldn't be much of a problem to control portions...

So, it's off to another start. I weighed in and I have GAINED--I'm up to 175 again. Bummer. Oh! But I did my mile walk this morning and am on my way to getting all my water for the day. Things are looking up, and I'm going to do it this time! D

2 Comments:

Blogger Keri said...

just remember that each day you can start over. if you have one bad day your still doing great. each change you do in your diet is a big one. and it all adds up. you can do it!

5:47 PM

 
Blogger bestbuddie said...

Thanks, Keri! I appreciate your support! Hugs, D

1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home