Friday, February 03, 2006

Two sure things...death & taxes

So luckily, we are only dealing with taxes, but what a pain! I am having a 'national tax preparation service' do mine...I have done my own in the past, but to me, the money to have them prepared is way worth not having the hassel myself. It is a pain to have to dig out all the little forms and statements and pieces of paper from the last year. I always forget something and then I have to go home and get it and go back. So, I think for next year, I will start a file folder now and just try and remember to put the tax stuff in it as I get it.

On to the diet thing....weigh in Wednesday showed no change. Guess that's good, because I haven't been good. Then my jeans started feeling tight again, so figured I'd better knock it off and get back to it. So, back we go. Water every day. No pop. Fresh fruits and vegies. Will try and get some fish going this weekend. I have cod, which is about the only type of fish I really like, so will have some of that. No one else in the family will eat it, but will try and guilt hubby into having some. He is going to have to start watching what he eats. I have let him go since he is still recovering, but he's got a week and a half until starting chemo. Funny they haven't said anything to him about his diet. Guess they figure he is overwelmed enough right now.

In other news, GFHS lost a teacher to cancer this week. Kind of had my daughter saddened. This was after a CMR student commit suicide in the high school bathroom on Monday. It's tough to know how to talk to your child about these things. You want them to put it in perspective. There is a lot of confusion, and fear and anger when these things happen. Then you have a respected teacher die of the same type of cancer your loved one has, and it just adds to the emotions. We talked it out, and I hope it was the right thing. She seems to be okay, and I keep a pretty close eye on my girls emotionally. So, it's been quite a week.

So, now for the weekend. We are having a Super Bowl party--correction...the GIRLS are having a Super Bowl party, and hubby and I are chaperoning. Wish us luck!

GO SEAHAWKS! (I love an underdog!)

Bestbuddie

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Ouch...hadn't heard about the teacher. It's good that you talked about it...reassurance can never be over-valued.

6:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home